STEM with Mrs. Elling
Beginning with the 2013/14 school year Peakview's Technology Specials has transformed into STEM Specials! STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. It is an interdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning, using academic concepts and real world experiences, to prepare students for success in higher education and an increasingly competitive global workforce.
CCSD's STEM Mission
To inspire students to be creative, critical thinkers, and collaborative learners to successfully compete for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics careers in the global workforce.
CCSD's STEM Values
- Inspire student interest and passion for STEM career paths.
- Foster creativity, invention, and critical thinking.
- Incorporate project-based, interdisciplinary curriculum supported through teacher collaboration and technology.
- Provide students with authentic STEM experiences including research opportunities and internships.
- Promote collaboration and partnerships in STEM fields among students, parents, higher education, and industry.